Seems you got new Tattoo and looking on how do you take care of tattoo?
- Below are the Aftercare you need to follow to take care of your new tattoo.
- Wash your hands before you touch your new tattoo done.
- After you go home, remove bandage within 3-4 hours after you got the tattoo done. Do need to re-bandage.
- Always use an antibacterial liquid soap to clean tattoo. Never use a cloth to clean a tattoo, it will be too harsh to the skin. Only use your hands.
- Take a clean cloth and pat it gently on the tattoo part. Never rub it.
- Apply an ointment to the new tattoo. Some commonly recommended ointments would be Bacitracin, A+D Ointment and Aquaphor. Always use clean hands and do not keep on rubbing the tattoo. Keep a thick layer of ointment if possible. Remove an extra layer of ointment with a clean towel gently. The ointment which you shouldn’t use on the tattoo is Vaseline, Petroleum or Bag Balm. Wash, dry and apply ointment 3-5 times daily, as needed.
- While sleeping on the first night after having a new tattoo, you will need to wrap your tattoo in Polyethylene food wrap to prevent sticking to your bed.
- Do not use a cloth to rub as the fibres of material can open your tattoo and healing process will be delayed.
- First 1 Week, wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo and avoid cloth which sticks to your tattoo part or irritates. For a foot tattoo: Go barefoot as much as possible. If you wish to wear shoes, you will need to first clean your tattoo and wrap with polyethylene food wrap, then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting on your shoe. Avoid sandals or flip flops for this period to prevent chafing and damage to the tattoo.
- After 3-4 days, your tattoo will peel off. Do not worry, this is completely normal. Please, please avoid pulling the skin, while the tattoo is healing. Stop using unscented lotion, free of dyes or Perfumes.
- Use lotion for minimum of 2 weeks, 1-2 times daily.
Things to avoid after Tattoo
- Avoid rubbing, nail scratching, peel your tattoo.
- You can shower, but you may not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. Swimming is strictly recommended to avoid.
- You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks, after that you must use sunblock.
- Avoid wearing jewellery which might rub or damaged the tattoo finishing.
- Do not let anyone touch your tattoo unless they wash their hands.
- Beware of gym equipment, wash it well before using it.
How to take care of Tattoo after
- If your skin is swollen, then you may apply ice on your tattoo.
- Take quick showers to avoid any hindrance in the healing process.
If you do not take care of your tattoo it may get infected and it will become red around the outside of the tattoo. It may pain, bleed or pus depending on skin type. If you think your tattoo is infected, seek medical attention immediately.
If you have any questions about your tattoo or the healing process, please call or e-mail.